Yesterday I got back home from MBFWA (Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Amsterdam) and I was so tired that I went straight to bed. So just a short post for now, I will post an outfit later today! 🙂
MBFWA was yet again an amazing experience! I love how it feels so natural for me to be there. I total feel in my element with all the fashion peeps around me, my blogger babes, meeting new interesting people and of course seeing all the gorgeous designs of my favorite designers! It all started Friday morning, I was in a huge rush from 9AM to 12PM. Going to the gym, last minute shopping for a trolley and than packing all of my stuff. Luckily I already had some of my outfits for MBFWA in mind! One of the first things I packed were my heels and my mochilas from www.myisabelli.com they are all so pretty <3
On Friday I went to a couple of shows and also went to the 1 year anniversary of bckpsace eyewear. I also had a HUGE icecream since this was cheaper than buying water at Fashion Week haha. Furthermore you see in the collage, me picking an outfit, more fashion shows, an option for my new logo and me and my blogger babes!
Later this (and next) week you will get to see my full MBFWA reports on all the fashion shows! Stay tuned dearies!
I am back again! 😀 After a couple of huge and important deadlines for my course of fashion journalism I am now back to blogging… Since it’s already the 8th of February an instadiary blogpost about January is perfect, right?? 🙂
January was a busy month, starting my fashion journalism course, events, Amsterdam FashionWeek and lots of blogger dates! Although I have been pretty busy with lots of stuff, most of the things are relaxing too. I just love the course I am following and events are cool (most of the times). Besided that Amsterdam FashionWeek was a-ma-zing and meeting my blogger babes is always super fun and a good way to relax and spend your time!
Want to know a bit more about these pictures? Click on the button and you’ll find out a bit more about what I did in January! 🙂
From left to right top to bottom:
1. Shooting day and blogger date with lovely Nathalie Kemna and Wendy van Soest… We actually shot three (!) outfits on one day… per person that is (9 in total) 😀
2. Wendy taking pictures of Nathalie, a nice behind the scene photo.
3. Selfie with my blogger babe Nathalie and my ilovefashionbloggers case. This photo was made after shooting our outfits and just before the new years drink from ilovefashionbloggers at BoCinq.
4. A selfie, wearing a fedora hat for the first time… What do you guys think, should I buy one?
5. This outfit was for a contest from Fresh Communications, I loved the items sooo much but unfortunately I did not win 😉
6. Shopping with Virgit from Preppy Fashionist about a week before Amsterdam FashionWeek (preparation is super important!)… At the end I bought this lovely blouse online, thank God for H&M online discount codes 😀
7. Selfie with Virgit after our outfit shoot and shopping session, time to go back to Eindhoven again…
8. Woohoo! Amsterdam FashionWeek exists 10 years! Happy anniversary to Amsterdam FashionWeek!
9. Aargh, stress!! What am I going to wear on day …. of Amsterdam FashionWeek 😉 Thanks for whatsapp and blogger friends who are always willing to help! <3
From left to right top to bottom:
1. Another styling session in my messy bedroom… This was the outfit I chose to wear on my first day at Amsterdam FashionWeek
2. My second outfit I wore at FashionWeek, I just had to pose with this shiny disco SMART car haha 😉
3. A regram from Fashionista Chloe, I loved the SuperTrash show soooo much, thans to Britt from Britta Maxime for taking me!
4. At the Winde Rienstra fashionshow, gorgeous collection but dear God, check out those sky-scraper-heels! :O
5. Posing with Nathalie at the Vita Coco stand during FashionWeek haha
6. May from OHMAYGOD made this cool picture of me during the Bloggerswalk with Bloggernet… The walk was so much fun and it was lovely to talk with everyone. Thank you Wannemakers, Snaptraveller, Cityhotspotter and BDMNR for everything!
7. I love this necklace, the gold and the stones matched my first AFW outfit very well. My lovely friend Siham gave me this jewel for my birthday, thanks dear!! <3 Nathalie made this gorgeous detail photo during our outfit shoot <3
8. One of the photos I made during the show from Tony Cohen at AFW 🙂
9. And last but not least, my last outfit (which I also wore at fashionweek but shot here in my hometown Eindhoven) 🙂
Soooo, what do you guys think of my busy january?
Let me know in a comment as usual,
Hi lovely followers,
Sorry for not posting yesterday, I just had to take some more sleep haha. Now I finally feel top-fit again to amaze you with great blog posts about fashion shows and my last outfits! 🙂 Last Sunday, wow that is already a week ago (Time goes by way to fast…) I went to a lot of fashion shows at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Amsterdam! It was a busy busy day and I actually skipped one show since I was super tired and I also had to prepare and do some research about the designer and his previous career and collections for the show from Tony Cohen. Because I went to see this show for my course of Fashion Journalism, that’s why.
At the end I went to three shows on Sunday and all these shows where just amazing! I think I can easily say that one of these shows is my favorite, I just don’t know which one haha.
The fashion show from Dorhout Mees was a true spectacle, with a short film before the show started, amazing dresses and just the perfect background music. The whole ambiance during this show was lovely and I really liked the collection. After the show from Dorhout Mees I went to the show from Tony Cohen. Tony Cohen has a gorgeous and super sweet muse and I actually spoke to her after the show (again for my Fashion Journalism course and hopefully soon to be career). The fashion show was amazing as well, I loved the designs, the fabrics and the use of colors. Last but certainly not least I went to the fashion show from Winde Rienstra, a Frisian Dutchie who definitely has an eye for design. The gorgeous gowns, cork and coconut sky-high heels and a very intriguing Frisian singer as background music. Another show I loved!
Check out the pictures I made after the read more button. Ciao!!
The show from Dorhout Mees, inspired by nature and wood. The first picture is actually a sort of screenshot I made with my camera from the short film.
The show from Tony Cohen, the first picture is the opening look. Muse Kim Feenstra, a Dutch model who won the second cycle of Holland’s Next Topmodel.
Last but not least some looks from the fashion show from designer Winde Rienstra.
What do you think of these pictures and the designs you are seeing? Let me know in a comment 🙂
As you know by now I went to a lot of fashionshows during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Amsterdam and one of these shows was MaryMe-JimmyPaul. After a super colorful and almost hysterical fashionshow last season they now came to show the Dutch fashionscene their new A/W collection. The show was a little less hysterical with some more natural and easier to watch colors but it still was a fashion spectacle!
Sneaker wedges, sporty tops, lots of different colors, faux fur, eskimo-like coats and a in my eyes eskimo-like backpack thingy… The looks were fun and playful but most of the items were still pretty wearable combined with simple basics.
This seasons show element from the show was plastic and smoke (I think some of the models were carrying liqued nitrogen in their plastic bags…) well it just looked awesome! 😀 I really enjoyed the show and am also pretty happy and please with how my pictures turned out! All pictures used in this blogpost are mine… I would like to thank the designers for this amazing show and the lovely collection and of course I would also like to thank SO PR for the invitation!
What do you think of this fun and playfull collection? Let me know in a comment 🙂
Hi lovely followers!
Last Friday I went to Amsterdam to kick of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Amsterdam with a walk through Amsterdam. I was a bit tired since it was super early but hey, it was fun and a lovely walk! We got the chance to catch up with people, meet new people and also I’ve seen some places in Amsterdam I never saw before. For example I now finally know how and where to find the famous 9 straatjes haha. Let’s just say I am quiet a noob concerning Amsterdam 😉 I would like to thank Bloggernet, Snaptraveller, Cityhotspotter and Hotel V for the nice walk.
Since a couple of weeks a girl from my former highschool works at ilovefashionbloggers and she also did the walk, during the walk May from OHMAYGOD.com made the beautiful picture above! Besides that she is a very good photographer she’s also a true sweetheart and has a lovely blog. You guys should definitely check it out!
Read on for more about my first day at MBFWA! 🙂
After the walk I changed into my more fashion appropriate outfit, since I was wearing UGGS during the long walk haha. And then it was time to go to my first show together with Nathalie and Sharon!
We went to the Vodafone firsts lab show from Franzel Amsterdam and Duran Lantink. The shows were really cool and super fun. With one of the shows it even looked like they just grabbed a homeless guy from the streets and put him on the runway haha.
Between and after the shows I stayed with Nathalie and Joyce from Just Like Sushi at their hotel room. Since I would be sleeping at a friends house who was working at that moment I could not go anywhere haha. Thankfully these lovely ladies took me in and we had a lot of fun! The loft they were staying in at Hotel V was beautiful and super comfy. As a dinner we ordered Italian food, pasta and lasagna. Yummm! Before going to the final show from that day Nathalie did our make-up, it looked awesome! 😀
We also made some very goofy photos from which this one is the most normal & pretty one:
In the evening I went to my second and final show from my first day at MBFWA. The show from Jan Boelo. I really had super high expectations since everyone was sort of praising Jan Boelo’s former shows, and I really enjoyed the show, but I did not really felt a personal connection with the designs. Maybe it were the high expectations or maybe it’s just not my thing. I don’t know…
The shows I went to on Friday were perfect for me to start up. Since Fashion Week is super exhausting I am glad I went only to two shows the second day (Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Amsterdam already opened on Thursday evening).
Of course there is much more to come about my fashion week adventures later this week.
I am still very busy editing my photo’s haha 😀
Have a nice day everyone! xoxo