I love my own hair, but always when I do something cool with it (for example curl it) the effect is gone within less than a couple of hours. My hair is pretty fine and thin and it’s, well, flat. So when I got a message from 1001extensions.nl to try there product I was very curious and more than happy to review a set of hair extensions. Hoping on a full coupe with a little more volume and more thickness I tried the extensions, and I really like the result!!! Are you curious to see how I look with even longer blonde hair? Click on read more!
PS: don’t forget to join my Yves Rocher giveaway 😀
The hair extensions from 1001extensions are 100% human (Indian) hair and come in a lot of different colors, two styles (curls or straight) and in four different lengths. I went for the light blonde, straight extensions in the 50cm length. The length is really long but I really wanted extensions which made my hair look longer and still being able to maybe cut the extensions in the right shape 😉
As you can see in this photo the color I choose, light blonde, fits really nice with my own hair color! My own hair consists out of a lot of different shades of blonde and a little bit of darker blonde even at the back of my head, but with this color and the natural shades the extensions have I think the color matches really well!
Putting the extensions in was a little bit confusing for me since the instructions did not really work for me. My hair is so thin that the clips where showing. But luckily after a google search I found a dutch fashionbloggers youtube video about how she puts in her extensions and so it all worked out.
From the package of 7 extension mats I have now used 6! From bottom to top I have used one with 2 clips, one with 3 clips, the largest one with 4 clips, than one with 3 clips above the one with 4 clips and the two little ones with one clip at the sides (sort of next to the one with 3 clips).
So I really like the result, I had a little bit more volume, but mostly I had thicker and longer hair! Here are some of the pro’s:
- Quality of the human hair (color / strength)
- The extensions do not glide out of my own hair
- Effect of the extensions (longer and thicker hair)
- Pricing, around €55 when they are in sale 🙂
- Being able to change the length of your hair so quickly
- You can still see clearly where my own hair ends (I hope this will be gone after cutting the extensions in the shape my own hair is cut) or I need to let my hair grow a lot longer 😉
- I personally think it is a little hard to remove, maybe I am just to afraid to get my hair all tangled up