Hi all, it’s time for another Instagram update!
Again I have been so busy the last week, all of a sudden a HUGE deadline was creeping closer and I knew I needed to work my butt of this week! Lucky me, on friday I heard my personal deadline wasn’t so huge after all, so yeah I did had some time for relaxation. Although it wasn’t much… Today is deadline day and I am really busy writing the last chapters so I can hand the work in this evening.
Tomorrow will be a day of relaxation! Finally, 100% stress-free for a day!
Enjoy my instagram weekly!
PS: check out my STYLIGHT board: “It’s the year of spring”
From left to right:
1. Selfie in the train back to Eindhoven after a nice evening at Mode Feestje & La Mode in Rotterdam! On this evening I met such a sweet fellow blogger! Check out her blog: Kotton-Kandy! The evening was very lovely and it was really a pleasure to be able to visit these events!
2. My succulent, one of the best growing plants in my apartment haha.
3. My bullboxer shoes. I bought this two years back and they still look so good! I really love these heels. I should really wear these more often I think…
4. Viproom Rotterdam, checking out the La Moda kick-off party with Deniece from Kotton Kandy. Unfortunately I couldn’t stay that long because I had a train to catch! Yes the one where I am sitting in at photo 1 😉
5. Shopping for huge houseplants and not finding one that was big enough! I do liked this plants a lot and I still want them but I have no place to put this plant… Help me out, where would you put a plant like this? In my opinion it’s too small to place on the floor and slightly too big to place on the saloontable…
6. Funny selfieshoot with my boyfriend.
7. From where I stand, waiting for the train at Rotterdam Centraal. Wearing my new favorite DL1961 jeans and my Zara studded heels.
8. Homemade frozen strawberry juice! Healthy and yummie! Recipe: handfull of frozen strawberries, 2 teaspoons of brownsugar and a small glass of water. Blending and voila!
9. Nailswatch Essence Season of Extremes, 04. Just the nude of use.
Good afternoon sweet followers,
I am sorry for not posting these last few days but I have been so busy and I actually don’t have a tablet or something so I can post and write everywhere I am… Hopefully soon 😉
On friday evening I went to this cool event I was invited for, so cool and weird to say you are press haha.
But I think I can get used to it!
Read on and don’t forget to follow me on: Bloglovin’, Facebook, Instagram & Twitter.
This way you can stay up to date at all times!
So about the event…
The event has a very new concept, I have never seen anything like it I must say! The event is called Mode feestje, so it’s a party where everything is about fashion. The evening started with a welcome word from the hosts and a short explanation about the evening and the program. First there would be a short performance of a new breaking through girlsgroup called Sway. They become known in Holland thanks to the talent show X-Factor. After the performance the fashionshow started, the clothes you could buy on the evening where shown by diverse models. They clothes shown were very also very diverse, from chique cocktail dresses to short cocktail dresses, jumpsuits and more. Everyone started shooting pictures and I actually was wondering for a moment if everyone was press haha.
Some shots from the fashionshow:
After the fashionshow it was time to shop! All the ladies present raced to the clothing racks and started searching for that one item they saw during the fashionshow! I definitely saw some lovely items I wanted to have but hey, shooting pictures was my job at that moment and I actually have an empty wallet…. Sooo sad haha.
The idea behind the event, shopping should be like a party, definitely works and I think the concept is great. I do think, since the event is fairly new there are some things that can be better. For example I heard someone saying there were no XS sizes. Personally I think the location for the event was lovely, it suited the event, made it very chique! Hopefully there will soon be another edition which of course I will try to visit again! I am very curious too see this event grow and evolve in Holland and maybe at a point even behond. The event has great potential to become one of the must-visit-events in Holland!
Found some cool story about my name which I wanted to share with you all:
“What does Saranda mean?”
About my name, it’s kinda special… not to brag about it, it just is haha. The story about how my parents named me is also special in my opinion. They saw a birth card of another girl who was born in the same hospital, I never ran into her funny enough haha (maybe as baby’s?). And my parents liked the name so much they named me Saranda as well, yay! 😀 But the meaning of my name is kinda bizar… Read along:
“[ syll. sa-ran-da, sar-a-nda ] The baby girl name Saranda is pronounced SAERahNDah †. Saranda’s language of origin is Old Greek and it is predominantly used in Albanian. It is literally from the word saranda which is of the meaning ‘forty’. The first name is derived from the place name of the district of Sarandë in Albania, itself from the Greek phrase ‘Agioi Saranda’ meaning ‘Forty Saints’. A variation of Saranda is Sarandë (Albanian).”
So, translated to Old Greek my name means forty (40). By a miracle I was born on 4 october, 04-10, 4 times 10 = 40. Strange huh? It was meant to be I think! Serendipity in a way! And I must say, I love my name <3
I must say I just love Audrey Hepburn! Thank you Blair Waldorf for letting me know about her haha. If it wasn’t for my addiction to Gossip Girl I’d never found out about the existence of this amazing woman! <3
PS: Don’t forget to follow me on Bloglovin’, Facebook, Instagram & Twitter, this way you can stay up to date at all times! 🙂
Hello there sweet followers!
Damn I am so busy these days! The easter days where just overbooked with things to do and now I have one HUGE thesis deadline for tuesday next week. So it will be some amazingly hard work and there is a big chance I don’t get to update my blog each day….
I will try though! 🙂
So I do have some outfit shots waiting to be posted but for now, I will share my instagram shots from last week with you all 🙂
Hope you’ll enjoy it!
PS: Don’t forget to follow me on Bloglovin’, Facebook, Instagram & Twitter, this way you can stay up to date at all times! 🙂 And since I have heard some rumours about GFC / Google reader dissapearing following me on different platforms is highly recommended! 😉
From left to right:
1. Easter breakfast with my boyfriend: kaiser rolls / fruit / chocolat fondue / boiled egg / tea! This breakfast was so lovely! Only bad thing was the chocolat from a chocolat letter didn’t melt as I hoped it did haha. Better next time! I also like the fact that the breakfast was mostly healthy, since I am trying to really eat more healthy to become totally fit for summer… I really am lagging with my INSANITY program btw…
2. My easter nails, minty/turquoise and peachy… Brands nailpolish HEMA (dutch), Catrice and P2
3. A simple pizza margarita with freshly baked mushrooms (I LOVE MUSHROOMS!) and tomatoes, yummm! Not really very healthy though…. Oops 😀
4. Selfie of my easter outfit! H&M shirt, Esprit jeans. And a part of my bedroom in the background haha
5. Tulips! On saturday me and my boyfriend went shopping for some items for in our appartment and when we went to this DIYstore we got these tulips for free! Yay <3
6. From where I stand selfie, my easter outfit same is in picture 4 and my black studded heels from the Zara 🙂
7. Selfie walking out of the elevator with my boyfriend behind me very busy with his phone or something haha. Ready to battle the cold cold wind while cycling too the trainstation as fast as we could, yes we made it on time by the way!
8. My lucky box, long long time ago I bought this in Greece, Corfu and I loved it ever since! The box should bring luck to the one who owns the box and lately I have been kind of lucky… Now lets hope it will also bring me luck concerning my thesis deadlines haha
9. Lollipop from the circus last tuesday, so sweet, so tasty but sooooo bad… Too much sugar!